Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This has to be the first time that I have watched a movie and really wanted to write about it immediately. After class (which ended 1/2 hr early) I went back to my dorm and started writing. It is my earnest feeling that The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is one of the best movies I have seen in years. It is simply an amazing film.
The story itself is so remarkable that this could only be a true story. For all of you who haven't seen The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, the story is about Jean-Dominique Bauby and his life after a severe stroke. Being based off of the book that the actual Jean-Do (his nickname, his friends call him that) wrote, the script and people are so real that you seriously cannot help but feel like Jean-Do is you, your father, your friend. The cinematography is so superb that you view a good portion of the film through Jean-Do's eye. Not only that but different perspectives are given as well. Therefore, through the film, you are the family, friends, and self of Jean-Do. For right now, I don't have much more to say. I am still a little bit taken aback by the movie. It just really seems to hit home, no matter the person. I will probably (more like will) write a more analytical blog about the movie tomorrow or Thursday.
But for now, see The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

7/24/06

No comments: