Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Double Indemnity Review

Double Indemnity, to me was classic. It wasn't amazing, but it was something I could appreciate. Watching it, I started to see themes in film Noir and in cinema today. The perfect murder, the payoff, good guy tempted by woman, woman gold digger using man, the list goes on and on. One of the most notable things about Double Indemnity was how nearly everything focused around the night and the "moral" character. Keyes was this character to me. While he is not a perfect man (smoking, drinking, married to his job, etc), he still does the right thing. In a sense, he is the anchor to the main character. Besides that, Double Indemnity had a good plot and a good cast of actors that played their roles superbly. I am not wowed by the plot, but that is only because it is something that I personally have seen before. All in all, a good intro to noir.

No comments: