Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thats like asking why pumpkin pie is good....

So, we were asked by our professor to make a bulleted list of things that are necessary for "truly great film." This is going to be hard. I feel like no matter what I write it is going to be refuted by at least 15 films I didn't think of. Guh. Though I do have to say that there are varying degrees o the necessities that go into making a truly great film. There is a lot of give and take.
Well, here it goes

To be truly great, a film must have/be.....
  • A decent plot-Does not have to be amazing, though it helps. A great film does not have to blow you away with their plot. Casablanca doesn't have a AMAZING plot, but it does have an interesting plot.
  • Unique-There should be at least one thing that makes this film stand out more than most films. Ran brought together Shakespeare and traditional Japanese theater. Daughters of the Dust envisioned African style theater in American film.
That is all I can think about for now. I will try to update it.

No comments: