Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Raging Bull Review

Ok, like pretty much every movie I watch for Art of Film, Raging Bull was another one of those timeless classics that I have not watched until now. Honestly, I thought it was only about boxing. After watching it, I feel like it was really just a film about some messed up guy who just-so-happens to box. A story about a guy who just couldn't let things go, or he was just stupid.

Besides the plot, this film really does show the genius that is Martin Scorcese. The editing in the film felt very naturalistic and calming/invisible. The editing was simply something that I just didn't notice very much, even during the times when I thought to.

I also found it funny how time went by. Besides the text on the screen indicating the year, there was no other indication of how long went by. One minute Jake is puting the moves on Vickie, boxing scene, then Vickie is "with" Jake (if you know what I mean).

Overall, I was indifferent about the film. It just didn't really catch me. (By the way, I like watching boxing, so when I found out it was more of a person film with boxing, instead of a boxing film I was turned off). I found it funny though, how someone like LaMotta couldn't control his anger. Kinda sounded like another famous boxer....

No comments: